Websites I find useful
Arrrgh, I just got tagged by Flore.
- Copy the rules in the beginning or at the end of your post
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Give the 5 websites you find useful, or that you use the most. Try to explain why!
- Tag 5 people, and let them know they’ve been tagged
- The meme doesn't have to stay in English :-)
- Windguru.cz is a pretty accurate wind forecast service that has changed the life of a lot of windsurfers. I check windguru every friday and I don't miss any good windsurfing / kiteboarding session: I’m always at the right place, right time — well, not always, but at least I don't drive 6 hours in my old, noisy van for nothing any more.
- Vim.org, what else? After several years using this incredible editor, I still learn new stuff every week. I could spend hours tweaking my ~/.vimrc, just for fun. Call me a nerd.
- dict.leo.org, by far the best German dictionary I know. Very useful when I post on kompozer-web.de. If I weren't so lazy I'd write a small Ubiquity script for this one.
- identi.ca is my preferred micro-blogging service: it’s open-source, it’s all about geek stuff and FOSS news, there's a very neat XMPP gateway… and it can be used to post on Twitter. If you use Twitter and if you feel concerned by open-source, you definitely should have an identi.ca account.
- Google News is the first page I open when I'm done checking my mails and RSS feeds with Thunderbird. I use it rather like a newspaper than for its search engine: Twitter is much more efficient to get the recent stuff.
- Julia Buchner, KompoZer contributor and my son’s hero
- Vivien Nicolas, Fennec contributor, to see if he's gonna ever use his blog
- Laurent Jouanneau, XUL master and Flash evangelist ;-)
- Sonny Piers, “just a fucking nerd” according to firebot but a good friend, too
- Dan Mosedale, because I owe him a beer.