This maintainance release fixes two regressions that have been introduced in the previous beta:

  • bug #2957813, the "Source" mode was not applying modifications properly
  • bug #2959534, the "class" drop-down list was broken by a dirty attempt to make it UTF8-friendly

I didn’t want to take the risk of addressing other bugs but I did work on bug 1831943 by disabling line wrapping for Asian users. The relevant preference (editor.htmlWrapColumn) it now set to zero for Chinese (zh-CN, zh-TW) and Japanese (ja) builds, and it should be read properly by KompoZer — both when switching to “Source” mode and when saving HTML documents. This is still experimental, so your feedback will be welcome.

We’ve spent a few hours designing a bash/python script to make localized binaries for the 18 languages that are currently supported by KompoZer. This script works fine on Linux and OSX and it can build win32 installers by launching the InnoSetup compiler through Wine. It also checks that I haven't forgotten to include the MSVC7 DLLs in the win32 binaries, which should avoid us a few bad surprises for the next releases…

For the next beta we’ll focus on the “Source” view and the FTP module. We’ll do our best to release it in March.

EDIT In case you’ve downloaded a Windows build with missing MSVC7 dlls, I’ve just changed the path of all Windows binaries on SourceForge. Please download KompoZer 0.8b3 again, the problem should be solved. Sorry for the trouble. :-/